The non-stop auto-splicing dual unwinder from ALS will join a second roll of labels automatically to the previous roll which has come to the end. An operator does NOT need to be present for the splicing function to occur, as the ASDU will complete the task automatically, cutting the labels between the gaps and making a perfect splice. Once the second roll is in use, the operator must add another roll sometime before it runs out, so that continuous operation is maintained. It has been designed to make labelling operations more efficient by freeing up operators for other production tasks.
- Five user-adjustable speeds to keep up with most labelling applications.
- Eliminates stoppages due to roll changes.
- Improves production line efficiency.
- PLC controls with DC servo for tight and reliable automatic splices.
- Automatic splicing maintains registration.
- Dual 500 mm diameter unwinds and automatic splicing eliminates downtime.
Tight and accurate label splicing is ensured by the ASDU’s label sensor and DC servo. To keep you from worrying, it also maintains registration through the labeller without snapping, which we think is a very useful feature.
Compatible with all labellers from ALS as well as those from other manufacturers.
Handles labels up to 200mm wide and a variety of different types can be used (for example, promotional, clear and booklet labels)