A ‘Safe By Design’ Robot for Labelling Products.
Collaborative robots are designed to work along-side people, safely and we think they are ideal for repetitive actions of either holding products while a label is applied or for taking a dispensed label on a vacuum pad to the product. Also, where the product might be an awkward item to hold or to orientate manually and maybe in an otherwise inaccessible location, the new breed of collaborative robots lend themselves perfectly. Amazing new opportunities for labelling with reduced manual labour now present themselves at a price-point that brings a return on investment inside 12 months.
Key features of collaborative robots:
- Versatile, Flexible, User Friendly, Lightweight
- Easy programming – no programming experience required
- Multiple configurable safety functions
- Multiple accessories available – such as grippers, label vacuum pads and vision systems
What is a collaborative robot?
There are four key elements that define a robot as collaborative.
Safety-rated monitored stop
What the collaborative robot does in the presence of an operator or obstruction – allows for direct operator interaction with the robot system.
Operator uses a hand-operated device to transmit motion commands or leads robot movement through direct interface.
Speed and separation monitoring
Where the robot speed reduces when an obstruction is detected – operator and robot system may move concurrently in the collaborative work space.
Power and force limiting
Physical contact between the robot system and an operator can occur either intentionally or unintentionally and are limited in energy to not cause operator harm.
Return on Investment
The cost-effective implementation of a robot provides an exceptionally quick Return on Investment. The ALS CRi5 robot is extremely simple to configure and communicate with as well as quick to install and commission. Apart from cleaning, they are relatively maintenance-free. In addition, because of their collaborative attributes they are able to work with and around people without the need for expensive and obtrusive safety guarding.
The ALS CR-i5 is a collaborative robot with certified safety functions, hand-guided operation and power & force limiting design.
- ISO 10218-1:2011
- EN 60204-1:2006 + A1:2009
- ISO 12100: 2010
- ISO 13849-1:2008
- CE, TUV, KCs and NRTAC
Main features of the ALS CRi5:
- Automate tasks up to 5kg.
- Reach radius of up to 924mm.
- Compact lightweight frame, weighs 24kg.
- 6 Axis, including base, shoulder and wrist.
- Outstanding feature of high 0.05mm position repeatability.
- Power and force limiting design brings collaborative robot to a protective stop if limits are exceeded or a collision is detected.
- Speed and force can be adjusted to fit and optimise any application easily.
- Emergency stop buttons located on control button and teach tablet.
- Sensors imbedded in motor drives provide real-time feedback to prevent dangerous situations.
- Easily integrate robot into existing production systems.
- Re-purpose, re-deploy and or re-invent applications with the same robot. Change the number of degrees of freedom, joints and tubes – these are modular making it easy to repair as well as re-configure.
- Easily integrate vision systems.
Applications for the ALS CR-i5: