Linerless Applicator for Catchpoint Labels
- Labelling Position Top, bottom or side of product
- Labeller Compatibility ALS 204, ALS 206, ALS 256
- Labelling Speed Not affected. See specifications for each of the label applicators above.
- Accuracy: Drive is directly from the applicator via a timing belt, so accuracy is excellent.
- Power: Not required – no motors or electronics
- Air For optional air-stream label support.
- Noise: 0 dB
- Protection: IP65 overall (sensor is IP67)
No backing, No waste, No cutter!
- No cutter required – nothing extra to clean & safer
- No loss of accuracy – takes direct drive from labeller
- No speed restrictions – labels separate as they are applied
- Direct apply / wipe-on – also works with speed-following
- Dual function – still takes regular labels as well as linerless
- Fits standard ALS label applicators – can be retro-fitted
The LA-CA linerless label applicator module for Catchpoint labels is for real-life labelling applications. Labels are applied to products at line-matching speeds, with variable speed- following ability & with excellent placement accuracy. Labels are applied directly to the product without the need for vacuum pads or complex change-parts when swapping over to different size labels. Using no hazardous cutting knives, it is safer to use, more reliable & easier to integrate onto existing production lines than any other linerless method currently available.
Works with ALS 204, ALS 206 and ALS 256
What Are Catchpoint Linerless Labels?
Developed by Catchpoint Ltd, it is a brilliantly simple but clever way of producing & applying labels without a backing liner that importantly, to separate them. Each label is defined by a pattern of micro perforations – “catch-points” that allow individual labels to be separated from the reel at speed but in a controlled manner, leaving a clean edge & with no delay in the labelling process. Previous methods of liner-less labelling have usually required the label to be first dispensed, then cut & then applied – a cycle time that is too slow for most primary labelling requirements. This is why liner-less label applications have so far been constrained to relatively inaccurate, low-volume demands or for outer case print & apply applications. The potential for the greatest efficiency gains & reduced environmental impact is where the majority of all waste backing liner is used – where primary product labels are applied & this is where the Catchpoint method really starts to make sense.