The performance of a good rotary labeller depends on precision engineering, quality materials & skilled workmanship. For the toughest of labelling requirements, which demand the highest of performance for outstanding labelling quality, there is nothing greater than the ALS R-Series rotary labellers. We know you demand perfect label alignment and expect exceptional speed, so we give you all this along with unparalleled flexibility and yet remain sensibly priced.
What is a Rotary Labeller?
The term “rotary labeller” is the universally accepted generic name given to a machine that functions by transporting bottles or containers from a linear production line onto a circular, continuously rotating base, or “carousel”. Around the perimeter, individual platforms are fitted, onto which each product sits and is held firmly in position with a top clamp or “bell”. Through the rotation, each platform also turns accordingly, in order to correctly present the side of the product to a label applicator. A label is applied as the product passes and is often wiped down afterwards for optimum dressing. The platform then turns again to present another side of the product for the next label to be applied. Depending on how many labels need applying dictates the number of labelling heads needed, the number of platforms required and therefore the size of the carousel base. A “small” rotary labeller may have an 8-platform base suitable for up to three labelling heads but a larger 24-platform machine can handle up to 5 label applicators. Read more….
Features of ALS Rotary Labellers
- Can handle containers of any shape:
- cylindrical, oval, flat or curved surfaces, straight or tapered, multi-sided
- Various size base machines from 8-platform, up to 24-platform
- Apply up to 5 labels on larger base machines
- Self-adhesive and linerless labels can be used
- Platforms with servo-drive motors or cams
- Product spotting and orientation:
- using platform locator pins
- in-star-wheel spotting
- intelligent 360° vision system
- Semi-circular design allows for easy positioning of each labelling station
- Machine base construction, including conveyor and labeller supports, made of stainless steel
- Quick, tool-free change parts
- Product entry and exit control by servo controlled feed screw and star-wheel
- Integrated vertical sliding guarding doors with safety interlocks
The ALS R-Series Rotary Labelling Machines
For high-speed, high-volume label application, the ALS R-Series of rotary labellers does it all:
- Front & back labels
- Neck labels
- Tax-strip labels
- Booklet labels
- Tamper-evident seals
- Recessed labels
- Wrap-around labels, full or partial
Always with an eye on continuous improvement and using new technology to benefit performance, efficiency and ergonomics, the ALS R-Series of rotary labelling systems all utilise a multi-station, rotary labelling approach to offer a flexible and modular solution to suit a wide range of applications.
Programmable, servo-driven platforms allow complete freedom of orientation for individual products as they travel around the carousel, under PLC control, presenting the products in their optimum position for applying each label. With no fixed turning sequence, it opens up a whole new World of possibilities, not to mention improving efficiency. Each product/application setup is selectable from the HMI display at the push of a button. What’s even better, is that our IntelliDrive platforms can be retro-fitted to a cam-based machine, so your machine grows as your business does!
Designed by ALS initially for the wine & spirits markets, where multiple label locations are often relative to a physical feature of the bottle, such as an insignia moulded into the glass, the ALS lntelliVision system looks at a whole container through 360°, while it is in motion. By training the system to look for the unique attribute(s) of the container or bottle, the PLC keeps track of each one & instructs the ALS IntelliDrive platform to turn just the right amount, so that every product is in the same, correct position – all before the first label is applied.
How Easy is it to Change Products?
All this speed and flexibility would be useless if it was difficult to change from one product to another and the ALS R-Series rotary labellers are one of the simplest to change on the market today. Everything can be reconfigured without the need for tools. Infeed scrolls clip-in, platforms pop out, star-wheels screw down and height is adjusted at the touch of a button! Every 3-axis angle of the labelling heads have digital indicators, every head has its own digital spirit level and everything is fully guarded, yet it gives all the access your operators need, when they want it, while knowing they are working in complete safety.
Benefits of the ALS R-Series Rotary Labellers
- No limitations – suitable for all types and shapes of containers
- Improve efficiency with incredible label application speeds
- Elimination of bubbles or creases through direct product control and guidance
- Adjustable labeller position allows for flexible height adjustment and label centering
- Intelligent product input and output control depending on production line flow
- Cam-based platforms can be later upgraded to IntelliDrive servos, protecting your ROI
- No machine stops during label roll changes with dual label applicators running in tandem or with optional auto-splicing units
- 2-Year Warranty – the unique ALS guarantee of workmanship & quality
- Installation, training and on-going support by ALS field service engineers